When you reflect and work on improving your family relationships – whether those relationships are with your children, your spouse, his or sintomasdelsida.org her family, or with your own immediate family. You can get better at being more aware and work towards deeper intimacy in these relationships.
When you work on improving your family relationships, you:
- Become more present within whatever relationships that you currently have. You can engage with the people that you love in a better way.
- Control the mindset and the emotions that often act as positive or negative triggers for engaging with others on a personal level.
- You’ll be able to communicate more easily with those you care about. You’ll learn to interact in a healthy way rather than responding or reacting in a way that you may have reacted in the past.
- There can be past resentments clinging onto our thought processes. These unresolved emotions can cause us to interact with loved ones with negativity and even resentment. Take yourself off the focus and judgements of the negative issues within any relationship. Instead, you’ll learn to harness what’s good and positive about the relationship and build on that.
- When you work on improving your family relationships, you open yourself up to new possibilities, techniques and strategies that will help you learn how to engage with your family relationships through positive means. It can stop the flow of negativity that may be at the core of some of your relationships.
- Allow yourself to become aware of the other person. Often, when we’re in any relationship, we don’t focus on the other person’s thoughts and ideas. We can get caught up in our own thoughts, beliefs and expectations of a relationship. You’ll be able to show a deep understanding or empathy for the other person in the relationship.
When we become more aware of how the other person is thinking or feeling, we then have a tendency to interact with more kindness and gentleness. Whenever there are two people together, it’s bound to happen that at one point or another, the two of them will disagree.
Tension and arguments can develop when these clashing opinions are viewed by the person holding them as being the absolute right thought, idea, or action – opposite of what the other person believes.
- By working on improving your family relationships, you learn to be considerate of the other person and to engage with them in a manner that shows respectfulness. It enables us to let go of having to be the one who has to have the last word or whose opinion must be held up as the right one.
With all of that being said, if you are in a toxic family relationship, look for counselling and support with a professional to mend the broken relationship. If you try that and it doesn’t work, sometimes it’s best to walk away… especially, if the relationship is affecting your loved ones and your peace.
Hi I’m Dr Norva Semoy Abiona, I work with ✨ Wivepreneurs – Wives who are entrepreneurs and may be Mothers or Executives too ✨. I help them to work on finding their unique life fusion in the 5 core areas of their life; marriage, business, parenting, personal life and social life. I have personally supported 100s of women on this same journey.
I want you and all the women who join my community to know that you can ‘Have It All’ and find your work-life balance (or business-life balance as I like to call it) that works for you and your loved ones.
Get in touch to find out more about being part of the Wivepreneurs Community!
Join our Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/wivepreneurs